Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Update on My Dad

I wanted to give you all an update on my dad. First of all let me say thank you for all of your prayers and visits. As I’m sure anyone reading this knows, my dad had a heart attack on Wednesday the 31st. I was on an airplane to Philadelphia at the time and through a miraculous chain of events I was able to return home to Texas before leaving the plane in Philly. I was on an American Airlines flight and I have to say they were such a wonderful crew! Once I returned to Dallas at 11pm, Jenny picked me up at the airport and took me home to stay with her for the night. She had then arranged to meet her mom half way between Waco and Fort Worth to pick me up. I was able to get to the hospital by 9:30 Thursday morning. I just had to tell the short version of that story because I’m so grateful to have been able to get to Waco so quickly.

So back to the update, my dad received his implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) on Monday afternoon. He will be moved out of ICU to a regular hospital room sometime today. He still has a long road to full recovery, but things are going well and I can’t tell you how happy I am to have him stable! Thanks again for you prayers and I would like to ask that you keep praying for his recovery!

Love,
Sunni

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. What a scary thing to happen. My prayers are over your whole family. love you-