Ok, it's another tag. Emily tagged all those that read her blog so here goes and if your reading this then you're tagged too.
The rules: "Look up from the computer, look around the room where you're sitting and pick up the closest book. And closest really means closest. No cheating by running to another room to pick out a book. Open the book, turn to page 123, count down to the fifth sentence on that page, and then post the next three sentences.
The closest book for me was a bible study that I started after Kayli was born. It is Bet Moore's David study. My mom bought it for me for Christmas.
The psalm provides an unquestionable testament that David responded to his difficulty with prayer. Few of us would argue about prayer being the proper response in our crises, but we often don't perceive prayer as being the most practical response. We think, "God can save me from my sins but not from my situation."
Tag you are it, leave me a note and let me know if you are going to play.
13 years ago


3 comments:
I don't have a blog so I'll just post here and say that the book closest to the computer is Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. It is a true story about Mortenson, a mountaineer, who was moved by what he observed while in a remote village in Pakistan to begin building schools there. Our book club is reading it.
I did my tag... got it from so many people that I figured it was time to do it.
Got mine and I posted on Jenny's blog (jjandtheboysblogspot.com). Certainly nothing spiritual or entertaining -- it's work related!
Post a Comment