Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Doctor Visit

We had our first appointment at the pediatrician’s office today. She got a vaccine and had to have some blood drawn from her heal for screening. We had never heard her scream like she did this morning. She definitely had a very traumatic day and it was just so tough to see her cry so hard even though it was for her own good. She got over the first shot quicker than I did. Overall she got a great report from the doctor.

Weight: 7 lbs 5.5 oz Length: 20 inches

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like she's growing! Obviously your milk is just what she needs!
I remember the heal prick- not fun. I made Steve endure that while I walked the halls. It's painful to listen to your baby in pain.

Darlene said...

There is nothing tougher than seeing your child hurt --- even when you know it is temporary and for her/his benefit.

Kayli is growing and adorable. I can't wait to see her in person but meanwhile, keep posting pics because we love it.

Amy M. said...

I know it is so hard listening to your baby cry -- it is a pain like no one understands until they are in that position...but it is for their best.
Adi has that same outfit! :-)

angela adams said...

Hi Sunni -- it's Angela Adams. I'm staying with your mom this week and hearing all about Kayli. She's a dream!!! Oh, I want to kiss her! I'm so happy for you and Brad. How fun!

Sara said...

Hey Sunni! I just caught up on your blog. I hadn't been able to look at it since before Kayli was born. She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!! She's so precious! And I can tell that y'all are the PERFECT parents for her! Love ya! Sara