Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby Shower

My mom’s friends gave me a baby shower this weekend. My mom and I were both so blessed by everyone who took the time to plan the shower and to attend. My mom even got a few grandmother gifts. The hostess gift was Kayli’s car seat so now I think we have everything we have to have before she is born. We have a few additional things we’ll need along the way, but at least we can clothe her and get her home from the hospital now. At the shower, they had each person whose gift I was about to open tell their biggest parenting mistake and give one piece of advice. I really enjoyed hearing all of the great ideas. One of my favorites which I want to do was to keep a journal that you add to each year on their birthday. In the journal you ask family and friends at the birthday party to record any memories and/or prayers or scriptures they have had over the past year. You do this each year so that at the end you have a book full of hand written memories from family and friends.


0 comments: