Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where has our first year gone?


A year ago, we welcomed Kayli, a gift from up above.
Nervously and sleepily,
we took her to our home.
A year has gone so quickly,
yet we have grown so much.
We've felt a love so strong,
In a baby's gentle touch and her undivided trust.
Her laughs and smiles, her pouts and tears,
We wouldn't trade a minute, as a thankful mom and dad.



So I know I'm a little late on this, but at least I'm still in February. I know I say this all of the time, but I just can't get over how fast time goes by. I feel like Kayli is growing up too fast. She is now walking and even has 2 molars coming in. She's also eating table food and almost ready to give up her bottle which I must admit I'm in no hurry to do because I love our time together when she is taking her bottle, but I know it's time.

4 comments:

penny said...

It was just yesterday that our little girl was born. She charmed us right away with her beautiful eyes and sweet smile. Then came school and vacations, youth group and flag corps. In a moment, she had married, graduated from college and moved far away. Now she knows the incredible joy of being a mother. What a wonderful journey God has allowed you to take, my precious little girl.

Amy M. said...

Your mom's words brought tears to my eyes. :-)

Isn't it amazing how much they change in one year?

Makes me wish we could stop time...

darlene said...

Penny put my thoughts into words. Our precious childen grow up so fast and continue to brng joy every step of the way.

Jenny said...

Yeah, it's crazy how fast it goes. That's why you should have another!