Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th

Kayli had her first 4th of July. We found the most amazing place to watch fireworks. We counted a total of 9 shows that we could see from a park just down from our house. We knew it would be a good spot when we saw the crowds of people already camped out. I don't know if Kayli every really noticed that there were fireworks going off, but at least she was there and she did have fun looking at all the new faces in the crowd. I hope everyone else had a great 4th of July. I think we need more 3-day weekends:)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you wearing orange on the 4th of July?? At least Kayli has stars on her outfit (even though it's pink)- oh my...you gotta start thinking about scrapbook layouts and colors when you are taking pictures now that you have a child!! So, was Brad wearing purple? :-)

Glad you got to enjoy the Dallas fireworks. We saw none. I heard them popping outside but never got off the couch to look!

sunni said...

I know I know, but I really didn't have anything red believe it or not. I really need to do some shopping:) We had a mishap with a pen in the laundry a few weeks ago and I had to toss the two red t-shirts I had.

Amy M. said...

Jenny's comment is so funny, because I thought the exact same thing! Every little girl needs a fourth of July outfit -- something in red, white or blue. :-) (At least that is what I told Jodi when I bought outfits for all of my four.)

Kayli's a cutie in whatever color she wears! :-)