Monday, July 28, 2008

Squash

We started squash this past Friday. Kayli loved it. I think she liked it even more than the potatoes. I'm going to make a potatoes/squash mix for her this week so we'll see what she thinks. I had never cooked a fresh squash. It smelled so good that I ate some before blending it into baby food and it actually did taste good. Maybe I will have to start trying these new vegetables with Kayli:)

6 comments:

Amy M. said...

Are you making all your baby food?

sunni said...

Yes, but not the cereals, I buy those. It's been good because it makes us eat vegetables more often and we end up trying new vegetables.

penny said...

I am so impressed that you are such an "earth mother" with Kayli's food.
You and Brad are doing a great job.
Thanks for taking such good care of our girl.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love,
GiGi

darlene said...

How cute is that. Next year you might have to plant a garden to grow your own!!

Amy M. said...

Wow -- you humble me.
Is your mom going to Dallas or are you coming here?

Jami said...

You may already be familiar with this website, but I found Wholesome Babyfood to be a good resource for making baby food (age appropriate foods, combinations, etc).