I clicked on this news story because I'm a bit exhausted this week. I've been sick so that hasn't helped matters. It's almost Friday though so I'm looking forward to some time to relax and nap this weekend. Anyway, I thought that the story was pretty good even though I know we all know exactly what we are supposed to do to feel more rested, but really who has the time:)
The short of it is we need to actually eat lunch and when we do it should be a nutritious lunch. Also we shouldn't try to compensate for lack of sleep by drinking more caffeine. Oh and get more sleep! Obviously, you'll be tired if you don't get enough sleep, but the quality of whatever sleep you do get matters, too. And that can be affected -- big-time -- by what you do before bed.
Just as your child's story-tooth brushing-sleep routine calms her down and helps her fall asleep, a similar soothing ritual can work wonders for you. A 15-minute chunk of no-TV, no-chore time is enough to help your brain turn off. So don't feel guilty if you're not maximizing every minute you're awake: Go ahead and read in bed or drink tea (decaffeinated now) and stare into space for a few minutes. It'll help you sleep better so you can tackle tomorrow.
Story taken from: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/family/07/16/par.tired.moms/index.html
13 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment