I get automatic e-mails from a web site called 'This Day's Thought' with a quote and a scripture passage each day. They have all been really good, but this one I thought was just so good that I had to share it here. I really like the way Mother Teresa explained this passage.
At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by "I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in." Hungry not only for bread- but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing- but naked of human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a home of bricks- but homeless because of rejection.
~ Mother Teresa


2 comments:
Love it!
That does make you stop and put things in perspective. Very humbling.
Post a Comment