Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trouble Sleeping

So Kayli has been up randomly all week. Sometimes it's in the middle of the night 2am and sometime it just early like 5:30 am, but it's always the same. I hear her playing and having a great time which makes me smile even at 2am. Then after about half an hour or so, the fussing starts and I find her sitting up in her bed just crying. I'm guessing that she just doesn't know how to lay back down and go to sleep, but I'm not sure because when she plays on the floor she goes from sitting to laying and laying to sitting. From what I've read there is this idea of an "8-month sleep regression" that is related to the 37-week spurt and I've found that for some reason that one just seems to cause more waking, too, than some of the other spurts do. I've also read and learned from some of you other moms that trying to master a new skill like crawling (which she is in the middle of) can cause some problems sleeping.

Well have a great day and I hope you all had a great night sleep!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

See this is what parenting is all about... just when you think you got it down- BAM! She doesn't follow the rules. I remember several different ages where my boys would suddenly start waking again.
Hopefully tonight goes better!

sunni said...

Jenny, i may need to take you up on your babysitting offer. I'll give you a call.

So GiGi have you decided when to visit:) Maybe Kayli just needs a night or two in Waco while Brad and I catch up on sleep:)

darlene said...

I vote for a night or 2 in Waco with grandparents. We are having dinner with your folks tomorrow night (I think) and we can all play with her while we eat. I'm really good with grandchildren. :-)

She is so adorable. I love reading your blog and keeping up with the Barnes family.

Amy M. said...

I agree with Jenny. It always seems that once you think, "Wow, we are in a great routine, things are going good, we're sleeping well, eating well, etc." they transition into a new phase. It seems that every phase is different and requires an adjustment to the routine. If GiGi can't babysit for you, I can. Ava and Ali would love playing with her. :-)

Andi said...

We still go through phases with the kids. Katy is sleeping well now, but I know that just when we think all is well, she will start waking up again!! :0) I guess it's God's way of making sure we don't get bored!!